Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hello and Welcome, Stay Awhile and Listen!

Why Am I Starting This Blog?

      So I figured that I'd get into the whole blogging thing because hey, I already own a popular channel on YouTube, if I can make content that people like there, then why not start making content on blogger. Maybe it'll be even bigger than my YouTube channel, who knows.
      I want this blog to deal with pretty much anything that relates to digital entertainment. I'll always make some posts about Blizzard Entertainment, maybe talk about Apple for a little bit, and I'll also talk about programming and developing a little bit. We'll see how you guys like my content and I'll just evolve my main topics from there. Anyway, here's a little about me:
      I'm a student at La Salle University studying computer science, my school is located in North Philly which is pretty much the hood(I heard a semi-auto assault rifle go off down the street from the house I'm living at just a few days ago). I am the first American in my family, both my parents and my older brother were born in Poland and moved to the United States just before the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1989. Creating content for others to see and use is something I've always loved to do, my first hand experience doing it professionally was my YouTube channel that I started in 2007 called CiniCraft.

CiniCraft, the YouTube channel

      Growing up, I was a Nintendo lover. The Nintendo 64 was pretty much my very first video game console. On the side from my N64 was my Dell Desktop computer powered by an Intel Pentium II processor that had a whopping 800MHz of clockspeed and 128MB of RAM which I used for Starcraft, Diablo, and some Warcraft II (the demo version :( I never got battle.net edition until 2004). So growing up to the year 2003, I was a PC and console gamer. But after the next generation of consoles came out with the PS2 and Gamecube, my interest in consoles had gradually begun to diminish. I did end up getting the generation of consoles after that, I bought an Xbox 360 in 2007 but the piece of shit broke three years later which is fucking embarrassing because my Nintendo 64 still runs like a clock (seriously, how did you fuck that up Microsoft? The heat sink on my 360 would become extremely hot after 10 minutes of being powered on, even with the guts of the console open and a giant fan blowing on the heat sink. The heat sink was hot enough to cook pork chops, I couldn't touch it with my fingers. I'm letting the world know Microsoft that you really fucked that up badly and it seems like you hired a band of monkeys to engineer the first Xbox 360s. And yes readers, I DID try replacing the thermal compound on the CPU and GPU, it didn't work -_-) 
So with my disappointment with console games I primarily stuck with just the PC, mostly Blizzard games.
      
      I would get back into Diablo II every once in a while, I would get back into Warcraft III and play online or do some of the campaign, Warcraft II on battle.net was surprisingly very fun and addicting despite the fact that the game itself was made in 1995, and of course there was always so much to do with Broodwar(the masterpiece of a campaign, BGH, use map settings, and much more). I believe that I started the YouTube channel and dedicated it to Blizzard because of the fact that their games have always been a part of my life and they have only influenced people who would always end up being my best friends. So when my channel began, I first started posting very rare and very old Blizzard videos that had been left behind as demos on old versions of vanilla Starcraft, Diablo, and I've found some very good ones on copies of Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. You can check out these rare videos here on my playlist.

      So my YouTube channel has been around for six years, and hey maybe I'll have a special event for it on its 10 year anniversary (wouldn't that be fun). It's been quite a journey and I've never imagined how lucky I was to have the know-how to create online video content that would reach out and influence the entire world. It is a very good feeling to this day to see what I have done long ago and how it has affected my perspective on my life and how the Internet has become the steam engine of the 21st century. So anyway readers, I hope you all come back to my blog for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment